Gout Supplements Target
Uric Acid, Toxins & Wastes
Natural gout supplements are often preferred for sweeping excess uric acid from the body when the use of drugs is causing side effects such as gastrointestinal pain, stomach bleeding, discomfort, ulcers and more. Typically, plant-based dietary supplements have little or no side effects. Unlike drugs, such natural treatments fuel the body’s cells necessary to prevent or alleviate the disease at its source.
Good digestion, filtration and elimination are vital to good health. Complications in these areas may manifest as issues in other areas. A sluggish liver cannot clear toxins from the body or function properly. A sluggish digestive system cannot provide necessary nutrients. A sluggish colon cannot clear wastes and toxins from the body. Any of these concerns can create a host of seemingly unrelated health problems.
Most people who seek natural treatments want to reduce or eliminate their dependence on drugs. They’re tired of popping pills that only mask symptoms, don’t address the cause, and
create cycles of side effects that compromise overall health.
Natural gout supplements have made it possible to prevent or effectively mitigate gout symptoms by reducing inflammation and combating high uric acid levels in the blood.
A well-designed approach to managing gout includes the following four gout supplements: Alfalfa; milk thistle/dandelion/turmeric; probiotics; and flavonoids (antioxidants).
Two other supplements that are indispensable in maintaining optimum health include B-Vitamins in a balanced complex; and essential amino acids in vegetable-based (soy) protein powder.
High levels of uric acid in the blood is gout problem
Gout is an inflammation of the joints caused by high levels of uric acid (sodium urate) in the blood. It has been defined as one of the most painful rheumatic diseases. Left untreated, gout often worsens due to excess uric acid build-up in joints. Attacks may subside after a few days, but over time it can keep recurring and cause severe arthritis, permanent joint damage, and even kidney disease.
Uric acid is a waste product formed from the breakdown of purines — substances which are found naturally in your body as well as in certain foods such as liver, anchovies, mackerel, dried beans and peas, and beer.
Most uric acid dissolves in blood and travels to the kidneys, where about two-thirds of it passes out in urine. The
remaining one-third is eliminated through the GI tract after degradation by bacteria in the colon. If your body produces too much uric acid or doesn't remove enough, the excess is manifested by hyperuricemia, acute or chronic recurrent arthritis, and deposits of monosodium urates (a salt of uric acid that precipitates out in cartilage as tophi in gout).
This crystallization of uric acid within the joints often strikes with severe pain in the big toe as as a first sign.
Healthy liver and kidneys are essential for effective gout control
Healthy functioning of the liver and kidneys are two essential objectives with gout supplements. These organs are responsible for flushing uric acid and toxins out of the blood. A third essential is a healthy colon. Studies show that one of the major reasons of gout is poor digestion and a weakened colon.
There are a number of natural remedies for gout that are helpful in the prevention and management of gout:
- increasing water intake
- eliminating gout-causing foods
- changing to a gout diet
- eating foods that do not cause gout
- losing weight, if necessary
- eliminating or reducing alcohol intake (beer in particular)
However, many people do not take action until they’re gripped by excruciating pain that, with gout, often first materializes in recurrent flares.
Four rules when choosing nutritional supplements for gout
There are four basic rules of thumb for choosing nutritional and gout supplements.
- Look for trusted brands that have been around for some time.
- Read the supplement’s claims carefully. If they sound too good to be true, they probably are. You can usually spot a claim that’s based mainly on hype and only vaguely on science.
- Find out about the studies, if any, documenting the effectiveness of the product. If there are studies, the supplement’s manufacturer should be anxious to make them available. (The company we feature lists five pages of their own studies and medical journal manuscripts numbering more than 100 in the back of their annual product guide and make it available online!)
- Check with your doctor before taking any dietary supplement. There have been issues of some supplements being adulterated and contaminated with heavy metals, which rightfully makes doctors nervous about the dietary supplement market.
Choosing the right company for gout supplements
Because the dietary supplement industry is not as strictly regulated as pharmaceutical drugs, not all supplements are equal in quality or effectiveness. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not require standardized testing of raw materials for supplements. Instead, they allow individual manufacturers to come up with their own testing methods. The FDA also does not require that a product actually work! As hard as that is to believe, it's true. A supplement can be marketed without proof whatsoever.
As FDA spells out in its October 6, 2011 publication, Dietary Supplements, it only enforces regulations after an unsafe dietary supplement reaches the market or consumer quality complaints warrant investigation. In other words, consumers are guinea pigs.
I believe to find the best supplement brand you must first find the best supplement company. We don't have gout, but
my husband and I have used the same company for over 20 years for whole food vitamins and supplements for our arthritis conditions.
To discover this top company, I developed a list of 30 questions (modified somewhat over the years) that led me to the #1 natural nutrition company in the United States.
They simply manufacture the best dietary supplements that money can buy. They are the gold standard in the industry. Their products are 'beyond organic' and clinically-proven to work, the only supplement seller we know that guarantees the effectiveness of their products, as well as their purity and safety.
Four gout supplements help the kidneys, liver and colon
There are four essential gout supplements and two additional nutritional supplements all developed by this industry science leader that may be helpful in addressing the root cause:
- COMPLEX OF ALFALFA – Top choice among gout supplements, premium chemically-free alfalfa, combined with spearmint, dissolves gout-causing uric acid for kidney elimination; helps regulate the acid/alkaline balance in the body. Alfalfa’s deep roots seek out minerals in the subsoil which are inaccessible to other plants. The average alfalfa plant has roots 10 to 20 feet long. It is high in protein and contains eight digestive enzymes. It also aids in swelling, pain and stiff joints, swollen ankles and feet and is a natural diuretic. As a whole-food supplement, generous amounts are quite safe when used therapeutically for issues such as gout and inflammation.
- MILK THISTLE (LIVER DeToX) -- when combined with schizandra, dandelion, reishi mushroom, turmeric and artichoke this product helps to maintain liver health and bile flow necessary to eliminate compounds detoxified by the liver. This product helps regenerate liver tissue. It also has antioxidant properties, protecting cells and supporting protein synthesis for liver cells repair. It is helpful to people who have hepatitis, smoke, work with hazardous chemicals, use alcoholic beverages, or use over-the-counter or prescription drugs.
- PROBIOTIC -- Delivers live beneficial bacteria to the intestine, promotes colon health by supporting the growth of healthy microflora naturally found in the colon. It is an excellent treatment for intestinal distress and digestive disorders. It counteracts side effects of antibiotics and chemotherapy. It delivers guaranteed 250 million live probiotics of Bifidobacterium longum and 250 million of Lactobacillus acidophilus per serving. Along with the prebiotics FOS and Inulin needed for probiotics to thrive, it is a unique two-product system for the healthy balance of intestinal microflora.
- FLAVONOIDS (ANTI-OXIDANTS) – This maximum supplement is the most powerful antioxidant protection on the market. It includes citrus/lemon bioflavonoids, elderberry, blueberry, grape seed, green tea, passion flower and quercetin combined to deliver antioxidant protection to blood and blood-rich tissues, such as the liver and the intestines. Just 1 serving provides anthocyanidins and proanthocyanidins of 10 servings of cherries (213 cherries) and much more. It guarantees delivery of six key classes of flavonoids: proanthocyanidins, anthocyanidins, flavan-3-ols, flavones, flavonols, and flavanones.
- COMPLEX OF B-VITAMINS – Eight essential B’s-- the ‘stress vitamins’ or ‘happy vitamins’--balanced to work together. B’s are destroyed or ‘burned off’ by many prescription drugs, stress, alcohol, sugar, processed foods, and infection. Helpful for immune functioning and antibody production; converts food into energy; digestion; colon function; red bloods cells; nerve function and communication; skin; hair, cardio function; cellular energy; hormonal balance; metabolism; sleep; brain functioning, learning and memory; anti-aging; provides B-12 which may be lacking for strict vegetarians; folic acid is necessary during child bearing years as it reduces the risk of birth defects. Folic acid, a critical B vitamin, isn’t easily absorbed. The company’s patented folic acid coating makes the nutrient more accessible and bioavailable.
- SOY PROTEIN (NON-SOY ALSO AVAILABLE) – Essential amino acids – the ‘building blocks’ required to maintain, build, repair and heal all cells, tissues and organs or to address ANY type of symptom or health challenge. The word ‘protein’ means ‘of first importance’. Next to water, protein is the most abundant substance in the body. High quality protein is needed to attain a well-functioning digestive system, including the liver and the colon. As reported in the New England Journal of Medicine March 11, 2004 in a study involving 47,150 men for 12 years, it was concluded that higher levels of meat and seafood consumption are associated with an increased risk of gout, whereas a higher level of consumption of dairy products is associated with a decreased risk. Moderate intake of purine rich vegetables or protein in not associated with an increased risk of gout. Many people are choosing to replace the saturated fat content of meat and certain seafood with naturally cholesterol-free, low-fat soy protein for at least one of their daily meals. This product is a superior quality organically grown water-washed 16 grams of protein powder supplement that is highly absorbable and contains all 9 essential amino acids. It's clinically proven to help create the foundation for a longer, healthier life. It contains leucine to preserve lean muscle and healthier weight. It's packed with a powerful patent-pending combination of prebiotics and one billion CFU of patented probiotics. Omega-3 ALA fish oil is added to support heart and brain health. Also available in soy-free and vegan soy varieties in different flavors.
The plant world comprises ‘nature’s pharmacy’ for centuries
There’s no cure for gout but the disease can be managed when diligent attention is given to using only dietary supplements manufactured with the highest quality of ingredients.
For centuries the plant world has served as a virtual ‘nature’s pharmacy’ and today’s natural supplements offer many options for the treatment of a variety of health issues, including gout or gouty arthritis.
Arthritis-Relief-Naturally was created to help people with osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and related disorders like gout learn about natural treatments to ease symptoms and help them lead a more comfortable life.
Featured gout supplements
After extensively researching treatment options for gout, we discovered several natural gout supplements that we had had tremendous success with.
By clicking on any of the links below, you can try these supplements today or find out more information to see if these natural, safe treatments work for you:
- Alfalfa dissolves uric acid for elimination from body
- Milk Thistle regenerates liver cells and promotes liver health
- Probiotics Delivers live beneficial bacteria to the intestine, promotes colon health by supporting the growth of healthy microflora naturally found in the colon.
- Flavonoids the most powerful antioxidant protection on the market. One serving provides antioxidant protection of 213 cherries.
- B-Vitamins eight essential B-vitamins balanced to work together; replaces B’s burned off by diseases, such as gout, prescription drugs, stress, alcohol, sugar, processed foods, and infection.
- Soy Protein, Essential Amino Acids required to address any type of symptom or health challenge. A superior quality organically-grown water-washed protein powder supplement that is highly absorbable and contains all 9 essential amino acids.
Gout Supplements Disclaimer: Health statements on this gout supplements page have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease
Alfalfa supplements. Gout supplements containing alfalfa have health properties for many arthritis, and for gout alfalfa helps dissolve excess uric acid; aids kidneys; helps reduce pain, swelling and stiffness in joints.Click here for more about gout supplements with alfalfa
Osteoarthritis Relief. Osteoarthritis is the most common type of arthritis. It affects joints of the knees, hips, fingers, lower spine and neck. Click here for more on osteoarthritis
Rheumatoid Arthritis Relief. Many of the natural or herbal supplements for osteoarthritis are also recommended for rheumatoid arthritis. Herbal Pain Relief. Herbal pain relief gout supplements are popular complementary or alternative treatments used effectively for all symptoms of various types of arthritis. Click here for more on herbal pain relief.
Arthritis Products. Three safe natural products scientifically designed to fight pain and reduce dependency on pharmaceutical medicines. Each is unique for rapid relief and joint health...Click here for details
Glucosamine Hydrochloride. The first authentic natural helper to appear in arthritis treatment in years. As a nutritional supplement it’s thought to help repair damaged cartilage. Click here for more on glucosamine
Fish Oil. Studies validate that fish oil supplements reduce joint inflammation in rheumatoid arthritis and other arthritis types. Fish oil contains omega-3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA. Click here for more information
Cat’s Claw. Can help put the spring back in your step by lessening joint discomfort. Click here for more
St. John’s Wort. Helps life spirits of arthritis sufferers as a natural alternative treatment for mild depression, anxiety or ....Click here for more
Valerian. Sleep well tonight with this safe herbal choice as a natural dietary supplement for insomnia relief, restlessness and anxiety. Click here for more information
Joint Pain Relief. Wouldn't it be great if you could have a drug-free future with no harmful side effects and have complete control over your joint pain? It's not a dream--all of this is.... Click here for more on natural joint pain relief
Boswellia. Gout supplements made with this ancient herb have natural benefits similar to arthritis pain relief medicines but without harmful side effects. target="_blank"Click here for more on boswellia
Return from Gout Supplements to Arthritis-Relief Naturally Home Page